What is an Athletic Trainer?
UPMC Sports Medicine provides Athletic Trainers who are health care professionals and collaborate with physicians to evaluate and treat sports injuries and other health problems. Our athletic trainers also provide preventive services, emergency care and rehab services. UPMC Sports Medicine’s more than 150 ATs are nationally certified and licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Our experts use cutting-edge, science-based rehab techniques to speed recovery and restore function, so that our athletes can get back quicker to the sports they are passionate about.
Our athletic training program offers:
– Fast-track appointments for contracted schools: 1-855-93-SPORT (77678).
– Health care services at home and away practices, events, and games.
– On-site weight assessments and tips for wrestling programs.
– Guidance on pre-season, in-season, and off-season conditioning programs.
– ImPACT® concussion testing.
– ACL prevention and screening programs.
– On-site, sport-specific education programs for student athletes, parents, and coaches.
Shaler Area has three (3) full-time contracted Athletic Trainers with UPMC Sports Medicine:
Kyle Patrick, MS, LAT, ATC ext. 1147
Fall- High School/Middle School Football, Middle School Girl’s Volleyball, High School/Middle School Cross Country
Winter- High School Boy’s/Girl’s Basketball, High School Wrestling
Spring- High School/Middle School Track & Field, High School Boy’s Lacrosse, Middle School Girl’s Softball/Boy’s Baseball, Middle School Boy’s Volleyball
Donna Rife, LAT, ATC ext. 1147
Fall- High School Girl’s Soccer, High School Girl’s Volleyball, Middle School Girl’s Volleyball
Winter- High School Girl’s Basketball, Middle School Boy’s/Girl’s Basketball
Spring- High School/Middle School Boy’s Volleyball, High School/Middle School Girl’s Softball
Erin Seiner, MS, LAT, ATC ext. 1147
Fall- High School/Middle School Boy’s/Girl’s Soccer, High School/Middle School Cross Country, High School Girl’s Tennis, Golf
Winter- High School Swimming, Middle School Wrestling
Spring- High School Girl’s Lacrosse, High School/Middle School Boy’s Baseball, High School Boy’s Tennis